Test Development in
HOW TO APPLY AND REGISTER FOR THE CERTIFICATION EXAM
Candidates Handbook |
Content Outline |
Reporting Exam Results
Candidates for the NC-CME's Certified CME Professional (CCMEP™) credential may apply and register online, as noted below. The CCMEP examination is a secure, computer-based 3-hour test that is available at more than 200 sites throughout the United States and Canada during four annual testing periods. Testing periods are uniform each year:
- March 13-30 Registration is open through February 28
- June 13-30 Registration is open through May 31
- September 13-30 Registration is open through August 31
- December 1-31 Registration is open through November 30
- APPLYING FOR THE CCMEP CREDENTIAL
- FIRST STEP: ELIGIBILITY
The Eligibility Criteria Worksheet will automatically total your points related to education and experience in the CME field. You will be asked to submit your total number of points on the Application Form and email your Eligibility Criteria Worksheet to NC-CME. Incomplete Worksheets will be returned; please be sure to fill in all cells before sending.
- SECOND STEP: APPLICATION
Complete the Application Form. You will receive a confirmation number, user ID, and password. When your Application is complete, you will be able to view the Registration Screen.
- THIRD STEP: REGISTRATION
On the Registration Screen, click on "Exam Registration" and select "NC-CME", you will be asked to enter your confirmation number, user ID, and password..
- Submit your credit card payment online:
- The Examination Fee is $400 + $50 nonrefundable Processing Fee.
- Choose the date and time to take the exam at one of ~200 secure testing centers in the US and Canada, managed by IsoQuality Testing, a division of Schroeder Measurement Technologies.
- Customer support: firstname.lastname@example.org
- EXAM PREPARATION MATERIALS
- To assist candidates in assessing knowledge and skills in preparation for taking the CCMEP Exam, NC-CME provides a CBT Tutorial , Sample Test Items , and Practice Exam.
- In addition, other organizations offer educational materials and courses targeted to the continuous professional development of CME professionals, as listed at www.NC-CME.org / RESOURCES
- The Candidates Handbook contains instructions for taking and preparing for the examination. Be sure to read the Candidates Handbook from front to back before beginning the Application process.
- Eligible Candidates may sit for the exam during these time periods:
March 13-30, June 13-30, September 13-30 and December 1-31.
- Registration for each period closes at midnight ET on the last day of the preceding month [e.g., February 28th for the March testing period]
- TESTING LOCATIONS
- The CCMEP examination is a computer-based test (CBT), but due to security measures required for a certification exam, candidates may not use their personal computers or laptops to take the exam. The examination will be offered at more than 200 sites throughout the United States and Canada during four testing periods each year. For locations of testing sites go to the Testing Site Map.
- Register early, to reserve a seat at the testing center of your choice.
- Please note that most testing centers post their schedules 2-3 months in advance of the exam windows.